Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fuel: The Simpler the Better


Because i'm feeding ten people most of the time, I'm usually making huge amounts of food.  I love making a big roast, or ham, or a few chickens at a time, and having leftover meat - it's always good to have an emergency protein ready to go.

I have a little crate of hardboiled eggs in the fridge right now, cheese, and no leftover meat!

Even though we made a huge ham, it went fast.

So, here is a fast and easy dinner.  Just meat, and watermelon.  Easy, "allowed", and simple.  You don't need a ton of starchy sides!  Try it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just thrilled to have found your blog! I have seven children and we homeschool as well. You've encouraged me to work my family over to paleo. While my husband and I have been paleo/primal for about 6 weeks I've been struggling with bringing the kids on board. I worry about the cost and the extra work that it will likely entail. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences here, I really felt like I was the only large family attempting something like this.
    Blessings, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Debbi! It really works to just take one step at a time. Right now i'm making lists to convert our pantry to a little more paleo. I still feed the littles baking occasionally, but our suppers are mostly paleo, and gradually the littles are converting to paleo breakfasts. I'd love to hear how it works for you - i'll have to check out your blog, too! :)
    mamazee

    ReplyDelete