Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sober Second Thoughts

I love the Mark Zuckerberg thing of less privacy – i think we’d all be better off if we thought before we spoke/did things and considered what if Auntie Agnes or my mom saw this?

On the other hand, it does make the thought of starting a weight loss blog verrrrrrrry scary ;) – one false move and i’m sending “Before” pictures to everyone on facebook...

Anyway, i'm back on the wagon - while not 100% paleo, we're going "slow carb" a la Tim Ferriss' "Four Hour Body" - a book my poor husband was embarrassed to buy, but that has a lot of info that seems  in line with his other interests - Pavel Tsatsouline, kettleball, MILO, crossfit, paleo, tabatas, etc etc...

So, just in time for the New Year i've got a new meal plan, a new grocery list, and i'm sore like crazy...

We had a great workout on New Year's Eve - it was very intense for me - i've been dealing with a rotator cuff injury and possibly arthritis in my hand?  So haven't done a lot of extra physical movement... 

But it was great!  We did tabatas (shoulder press, squats, chest press, leg extension ab exercises) and then some vigorous rowing :)...

I"m sore, and my clothes are tight :) but i'm ready to get back on the wagon and lose some of the pounds that mysteriously appeared this summer... (in time for next summer?)

wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment