Thursday, October 15, 2009

Metabolic typing?

Dr. Mercola offers metabolic typing and i'm interested to do it, just to prove that T and me are just two completely different species.

The whole times i've been doing paleo, i've been hungry, confused, angry, and dizzy. T, on the other hand, feels awesome, feels great in his tummy, strong, alert...

So i gave up and had a piece of pizza last night for a snack, a slice of whole wheat and flax bread for breakfast with all my protein ;0 and a cookie in the afternoon that Haven made...

I did eat paleo for lunch and dinner... but i'm hungry again an hour later.

So, not working so great for me. working awesome for T.

Not sure what the compromise will be - most likely i will be Zone during the day and we'll have a paleo dinner (which can be zone, too) and on weekends... i feel bad failing T, but this is just not a good option for me.

On the exercise frontier, tonight was tabatas... 16 minutes of sweat - hopefully it will help me overcome my "bad" carbs. Although i lost a few pounds at the beginning, i haven't budged one number since then, which makes it less a motivation to be a crabby half starved mother all day long...

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you - you have to find something that works for you. It's fantastic that Paleo is working so well for T, but how frustrating for you! The neat thing is that God made us each unique and the *joy* is finding a common ground to walk on with those other unique people around us!

    I love your honesty and vulnerability here - good on ya! And great job on the tabatas - quite frankly, just the word scares me. I think I'll stick to regular weights and a rower or elliptical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ì don`t think you should look at it as `failing T`- I hope he doesn`t feel that way!

    ReplyDelete