Sunday, January 3, 2010

Paleo readings and Margie Mom!

>
http://www.nerdheaven.dk/~jevk/paleo_intro.php

T made me read this article today and it was a good (although grammatically weak) explanation of the paleo diet, and some trouble shooting.

I liked it because he seemed to recognize that we are all individuals and will follow the diet in different ways, and be motivated by different things.

On another blog i was reading last night, America Peals (accessed from the www.paleomama.com website), a reader commented on using "personal marketing" images - i.e. stick my head onto a model's body and put it on the fridge to help remind myself of my goals.


Thing is, my goal is to eat healthy, to be at a healthy weight - and i do know that no matter how fit i get, there are certain things that won't change - i will still be 5'2 - i will still have borne seven children and have the stretch marks to prove it.

Lately, i'm finding that my motivation comes more from the way eating right makes me feel. When i'm down, i don't care much, i eat crap and feel worse. But if i can break the cycle somewhere, it influences the other half of the equation, too...

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you - the last paragraph completely resonates with me!!!!! Every single word of it!!

    Love the new pic, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy! Haven did it for me (she's so much smarter at these things than me - but i am trying to keep up with what the little guys can do - spend an hour or more playing Super Mario Wii with the boys :) - i'm better than the 3 yo, but just barely :)...) Anyway, looking forward to my new Paleo year :)

    ReplyDelete