Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Third Day - Monday

Yesterday was Monday - not my favourite day, but especially when T is getting us on a new food kick - i don't feel particularly gifted in nutritional analysis, and i've still got meals to get for seven littles all day long...

But i did a great job!

Breakfast
two eggs with a slice of ham, in an omelette, with tea (stevia and a little milk, which i know is verboten, but tea is always too hot for me, and by the time it cools down, i've got to be clearing the table for homeschool and getting on to the next chore...)

Lunch
half a turkey sausage, some grapes, some hazelnuts

Dinner
I made chicken thighs and T steamed some broccoli and boiled some brussels sprouts - the only bad thing about eating this way seems to be that there are no leftovers...

Snack
at bedtime - a diet coke :) and some pepitas and almonds, some grapes, and a few oysters (thanks, T!)

No workout, since i'm having trouble with iliotibial band stuff? T knows a stretch, and when he gets home he'll help me get rid of it and hopefully we can go for a run. I've got to wear a tuque now when we run - the air is lovely and crisp, but when we run, it's too cold for my little ears!

I do have a specific goal in mind - i'd like to lose seventeen pounds - and as of the morning of day Four, i've lost two :) So i'm happy!

We are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend, though - it comes earlier in Canada, and then we are celebrating a week early since my sister and i are both travelling to our middle sister's vicinity for the Walk to Remember at the Alberta Legislature - if you've ever lost a little one - this is something worth marking on your calendar. There is such comfort in being around people who know how tender your heart is. Like the Bible says:


Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

I would like to give back next year by organizing a Walk in my own town, but this year again i will travel 3 hours and walk in the silence and autumn leaves, remembering the little one who would have made our family so happy, and who does fill me with joy still, knowing that she was a gift, even if only given for a little while...

Anyway, i'm in charge of bringing a ton of cookies and caesar salad :) and i am thinking we'll bring some paleo options with us, too - we don't mind celebrating, but there are plenty of yummy things to eat that do fit the paleo way of eating and it's hard to set a habit in just ten days...

We'll see. It's not a huge stressor :) -


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I hope it is okay that I contact you here... I didn't see another form of contact. Not sure if you saw, but you won the Wait for the Lord Wednesdays card on my blog last week! Check out this post for more details: http://hapemome.blogspot.com/2009/09/wait-for-lord-wednesdays-9-23-09-and.html
    Blessings,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete